Education & Groups
We are based in Dungourney, near Midleton in East Cork. We have been providing group trips around our farm for the last 20 years.
Our farm is educational adventurous and seriously fun for school groups.
We provide fully guided tours and we offer the children hands on work with feeding the animals as well as interesting little stories about old machines and contraptions around the museums.
Historical and Educational Aspects
- Experience a 100 year old dwelling house on a working farm and see the farm machinery operated at this time.
- See the tradesmen tools, blacksmiths forge, carpenters workshop etc
- Horse drawn machinery and the first means of public transport used in Ireland
- See the Old Irish Crannog.
Involvement and Enjoyment
Children will help to feed a huge variety of animals i.e. Hens, Ducks, Alpaca, Camel etc
- Play with the rabbits and mice.
- Touch and maybe even hold the snake.
- Feed the goats their lunch.
- Our large maze is a real challenge to all the kids and teachers can try to find their way around too.
- New to the farm this year, we have quad and barrel train rides for the kids, this is serious fun for all ages.